PixelGenius PhotoKit Sharpener v 2.01 plugin for Adobe Photoshop 32/64 bit
PhotoKit Sharpener offers a simple but effective digital image sharpening workflow for Photoshop CS3, CS4 and CS5 for both Mac and Windows (both 32-bit and 64-bit in CS5). PhotoKit SHARPENER 2.0 supports 8 and 16 bit RGB and Grayscale images.
PhotoKit Sharpener upgrade maintains the sharpening workflow concepts of Bruce Fraser, the original product designer, and was extended by new PixelGenius member and new product manager Mac Holbert. In addition to improving the sharpening effect routines, PhotoKit SHARPENER 2.0 adds important new functionality and new effects.
PhotoKit Sharpener new features highlights:
- The new dialog window in PhotoKit SHARPENER 2.01 now includes a preview button that allows seeing a preview of the selected sharpening effect. The preview will only be accurate when the preview window is zoomed into 100%.
- The cursor inside of the preview window shows the area of the image that will be zoomed in when you click the mouse.
- New to PhotoKit SHARPENER 2.0 (but previously available in PhotoKit Color 2) is the ability to have effects with multiple layers and layer groups returned as a single pixel layer. This feature can help keep file sizes down although it it does eliminate the flexibility of individual layer adjustments after an effect has been applied.
- The Create Layer Mask options allow all PhotoKit SHARPENER 2.01 effects to be brushed in or out depending on the Hide or Show effect options.
- The Show Batch Options allow stacking multiple effects to be run one after the other. So if you have a common capture, creative and output sharpening series you use, you can add those effects to a batch list. The batch list can be saved and loaded.
After unzipping the compressed file, the PhotoKit Sharpener 2 Installer folder will be extracted. The folder contains the PKS-READ-ME-WIN.txt (the PhotoKit Sharpener 2 READ ME file, this file) and the PhotoKit Sharpener 2 Installer. The PhotoKit Sharpener 2 User Guide (an alias to the User Guide) is created on your desktop after running the installer.
Please note that you must install using a user account with 'Admin' privileges. Double click on the PhotoKit Sharpener 2 Installer icon to start the installer. The installer can automatically determine the installed location of the US or International English version of Adobe Photoshop. NOTE: If you have multiple hard drives with applications or you are installing to, the search can take some time. To install in a non-US or International English language version, you will need to manually browse to the 'Automate' directory. The proper location to select is: Adobe Photoshop XX/ Plug-Ins/Automate.
If you are running a 64-bit Windows operating system, you will need select which version of Photoshop CS4 or CS5 you want to install PhotoKit Sharpener 2 for. If you want to install PhotoKit Sharpener 2 for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Photoshop, you will need to run the installer twice, once for each bit version.
That's it. PhotoKit Sharpener 2 will now be properly installed. After installing, launch Adobe Photoshop.
PhotoKit SHARPENER 2 QUICKSTART: (after installing PhotoKit Sharpener 2)
1. Open any 8-bit per channel (24-bit RGB) or 16-bit per channel (48-bit RGB) or Grayscale image.
2. Access the PhotoKit SHARPENER 2 plug-in module using FILE > AUTOMATE > PhotoKit Capture, Creative or Output Sharpener.... (NOTE: for the initial usage, you can choose any PhotoKit Sharpener module). If you are only intending to demo PhotoKit SHARPENER, select demo and skip to step 4.
3. Depending upon the method of your purchase, you may be asked to enter in your serial number. Please enter the number exactly as written in your e-mail receipt with no "ohs" but only zeros. You can copy and paste your serial number in from your receipt.
4. PhotoKit SHARPENER 2 will need to be activated. You can install the plug-in as many times as you wish but you can only have two concurrent activations. For additional information about activation, please see the activation info page at:
5. The PixelGenius Toolbox will open. Select the Module, Set and Effect. Please refer to the PhotoKit SHARPENER 2 User Guide PDF, for more instructions on using PhotoKit SHARPENER 2 and the PixelGenius Toolbox